Honeywell Fire Sentry SS2 Fire and Flame Detectors
Honeywell Fire Sentry SS2 Fire and Flame Detectors.
The Fire Sentry SS2 represents the world’s pre-eminent UV/IR technology for Electro-Optical Flame Detectors with thousands successfully operating in a multitude of installations worldwide. These Multi-Spectrum detectors sense radiant energy in the ultraviolet (UV), visible and WideBand Infrared™ (IR) spectrum. The radiant energy from all types of flaming fires will alert the detectors to their presence.
The Fire Sentry SS2-AM and Fire Sentry SS2-AML are the ultra-high speed digital Multi-Spectrum optical models of the Fire Sentry SS2 UV/IR flame detectors. These detectors feature ultra-high speed responses to explosive fires and are typically used in munitions production, explosives production and special applications.
The field of view for the Fire Sentry SS2 detectors is the widest in the industry with a 120° cone of vision. This means more hazard area can be covered by each detector. Greater sensitivity also increases the volume covered by each detector, up to four times more than some other detectors.
Using sophisticated microprocessor signal processing algorithms with complete spectrum information, virtual immunity to false alarms from arc welding, corona discharge and other common UV sources is achieved.
Fire Sentry SS2-AM and SS2-AML:
- -Multi-Spectrum senses ultraviolet, visible and WideBand IR™
- -Detects hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon based fires
- -Wide field-of-view and solar blind
- -Greatest sensitivity with false alarm immunity
- -Microprocessor abased algorithms: FirePic™ and Tri-Mode Plot™
- -Wide temperature range of operation
- -Explosion-proof housing
- -FS2000™ System compatible or standalone operation
- -Ultra-high speed response to explosive fires